Floods are spontaneous, and their effects are mostly disastrous. In most instances, many people find it hard to recover financially from flood damage. However, this is much easier with a flood insurance policy in place. A flood insurance policy covers you against loss and damage to property from flooding. Flood insurance covers the structure and the contents, but not the land your home sits on. It is important to note that homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage and one needs to take up a flood insurance policy to gain coverage.
What flood insurance covers
Home flood insurance
This covers the physical structure of your home against flood damage. The policy covers plumbing, electrical work, heating systems, and furnaces.
Personal property flood insurance
Sometimes floods can destroy personal possessions inside your home. These items include clothing, furniture, curtains, beddings, and portable appliances. This policy cushions you against the loss or damage of such items and any other personal property that is damaged.
Why choose M8 Insurance as your flood insurance provider?
Our agents have worked in the insurance industry for years and possess the necessary expertise in the field. As such, they will guide you on the terms of each policy and help you decide on the best coverage.
Tailor-made flood insurance policies
We have designed our policies to match the needs of Salt Lake City, UT residents and those in various states. You can, therefore, rest assured that our flood insurance policy will be perfect for your home.
At M8 Insurance, we offer flood insurance solutions to our esteemed clients in Salt Lake City, UT and around the country. We aim at providing a tailor-made coverage that meets your flood insurance needs. Kindly visit our website for more information and to obtain a quote.
If you own a condo, you want to be sure to have condo insurance instead of home insurance. Home insurance cannot provide you with the types of protection you need for your condo. These are just a few reasons from M8 Insurance, serving Salt Lake City, UT, why home insurance is not a substitute for condo insurance.
- Your home insurance likely has more liability coverage than you need. When you own a condo, you only need enough liability insurance to cover your dwelling. Home insurance likely has too much, and you will end up paying more for that type of coverage, which is excessive.
- You need protection from your neighbors in the building. More often than not, home insurance will not protect you or provide coverage for any damage to your unit that is caused by your neighbors. This is because there are not usually neighbors like this in place. Condo insurance would help you with this damage if it were to happen. You do not know what they are doing so having this coverage in place is best.
- You need coverage for anything not covered by the building. Most buildings will have coverage of some sort in place, but if there are things that their insurance does not cover as part of their policy, you will want to have this coverage built into your policy. Home insurance policies are not set up to account for these things making condo insurance the better overall fit for your needs.
Now that you know the key differences between a condo and home insurance, you need to ensure that you have condo insurance in place for your condo. Contact M8 Insurance, servicing Salt Lake City, UT, to get started with your condo insurance quote today. If you are not in Utah, we also offer policies to a variety of other states. Ask an agent to find out if you are in one of our serving states.
Commercial insurance is legally required for any business owners who have employees, and it should be a necessity for everyone who owns their own enterprise. If you haven’t taken a look at your policy, it may be time for you to reconsider how you spend your time.
You May Be More Liable Than You Think
From customer injuries to lost wages, if an employee misses work from an injury, you may be a lot more liable than you think for things that happen at your business. The better your policy is, the more likely it is you won’t have any problems later on down the road. Employee injuries and faulty products can be unexpected causes of lawsuits, and this is where commercial insurance can come in hand.
Litigation Is a Nightmare
Even if you have basic coverage, you will likely have limits for that coverage on your policy. Just one lawsuit can spell disaster for a company, so it helps to have all the precautions in place. M8 Insurance in Salt Lake City, UT has helped plenty of businesses navigate the complicated waters of the justice system, ensuring that businesses have the support they need to make it through without being harmed.
You Should Be Informed
Studying an insurance policy is not how any business owner wants to spend their day, but it can provide a lot of peace of mind. Give M8 Insurance a call if you want a little help going over the documents. We can tell you what you should look for and what you can skip. It’s our job to make sure you not only have the right coverage but that you also understand how that coverage works in a real-life event. Visit us today if you live in Salt Lake City, UT or give us a call if you live outside the state of Utah!
Learning to drive is the ultimate teenage goal. When a young driver gets their learner’s permit or license, they are eager to explore the limits of their new skill.
According to the CDC, drivers between the ages of 15 and 19 accounted for 11% of all vehicle accidents in 2013. These numbers can make buying car insurance for your new driver pricey. However, insuring your teen is a requirement in most situations. Use these tips to keep your child safe on the road with less impact on your monthly payments.
- If you’re buying a car for your teen, choose a model that is at least 4 years old. Less expensive cars usually cost less to insure.
- Load up on safety features. Stability control, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and back up mirrors are some of the features that can positively impact your payments.
- It may be cheaper for your teen to have their own policy. An M8 Insurance agent in Salt Lake City, UT can help you decide if this the right choice for your family.
Education is Key
- Driver’s education and safety classes teach tactics that reduce risky behavior behind the wheel. Successfully completing a driver’s course can earn you an auto insurance discount.
- Need another reason to encourage good study habits? High academic performance shows a sense of responsibility that can cut your payments.
- Have your teen sign a safe driving contract. Insist on seat belts, no cell phones, and a limit on passengers. Establish consequences for violations. These small infractions can have a big impact on insurance rates if they’re caught in the act.
You may have other options available to provide security to all the drivers in your household. Contact the experts at M8 Insurance in Salt Lake City, UT to learn more ways to protect your family while on the road.
There are a lot of home insurance options available to home owner’s located all around the United States and finding the right one for your needs can be confusing. M8 Insurance is here to provide the necessary assistance in researching the available policies and working with you to ensure that you and your family have the insurance coverage that you require. M8 Insurance in Salt Lake City, UT is proud to serve the great people of the U.S.!
What type of coverage do you need?
When choosing home insurance, be sure to consider your belongings. In addition to the exterior structure of your home and any outbuildings, you will want coverage for damage to any of your belongings that may occur during a catastrophic event. Your agent can also discuss options such as coverage of periods of displacement if damage causes your home to become uninhabitable. Working with one of the M8 agents will help you to get the coverage your family needs.
Do you need a rider with your policy?
Many insurance policies have a limit on the amount of coverage they will provide for one item, such as a piece of jewelry or fine art. Your agent can go through your inventory with you to help you determine if a personal articles rider is required. Other items that may need their own rider are items such as diamonds, expensive electronics, and elaborate sporting equipment, to name a few.
Please give M8 Insurance in Salt Lake City, UT a call today, or even better, stop by and talk with one of our helpful agents. We want you to have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you and your family are covered!