The Great Salt Lake is just one of many popular boating destinations in the Salt Lake City, UT area. But before you gear up for a great day out on the water, you’ll need insurance that protects you and your watercraft against any unforeseen liabilities. M8 Insurance has agents that will work with you to find the right coverage for your boat, as well as any other type of vehicle you own.
When it comes to getting a quote for your boat, there are several different factors to be aware of. These factors can have a significant impact on the cost of your boat insurance policy over its lifespan:
- Driving record – Believe it or not, your driving record on land also affects your boat insurance quote. Safe drivers will have an easier time finding affordable insurance.
- Location – Boating in a hurricane and tornado-prone areas may lead to a more expensive quote. Where you regularly store your boat can also influence your quote. Indoor facilities usually offer better protection against potentially hazardous weather.
- Usage – How you use your boat also influences your quote.
- Boat specs and performance – Your boat insurance quote can change depending on the make and model of your boat along with its year of manufacture. Unsurprisingly, newer ships tend to be more expensive to insure. High-performance boats with plenty of horsepowers are usually expensive to insure, also.
- Safety measures – It’s not just the safety equipment on your boat that influences insurance quotes. Taking a certified safety course can also offer some unexpected discounts on your insurance.
- Past claims – The more claims you’ve made in previous years, the higher your insurance quote will likely be.
If you’re a boater, turn to the experts at M8 Insurance in Salt Lake City, UT today to receive a quote for your watercraft.